Latest news about PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero)
Jakarta - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Indonesia.
Operating with 3 terminals, every year Soekarno-Hatta serves 60-65 million aircraft passengers.
In 2018, Soekarno-Hatta was ranked 18th in the list of the busiest airports in the world released by the Airport Council International (ACI). In the ASEAN regional scale, Soekarno-Hatta was even in the top position as the airport with the most passengers.
In line with that, PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero) continues to optimize the role of Soekarno-Hatta Airport as the Main Gate of Indonesia, or The Gate of Indonesia. The big concept itself is the Airport as the Center for Indonesian Art and Culture (Airport as Art, Culture and Tourism Hub)
PT Angkasa Pura II President Director Muhammad Awaluddin said that the Soekarno-Hatta Airport, starting this year, was developed with a passion to make Indonesia famous in the world.
"One of them makes Soekarno-Hatta as a place to introduce various nuances of the arts and culture of the archipelago, as well as icons that are owned in a number of regions. We hope that the people can love the country more and the international world will get to know the richness of Indonesian arts and culture. "
In introducing Nusantara's arts and culture in Soekarno-Hatta, PT Angkasa Pura II chose an interesting way by designing a number of instagrammable spots in Terminal 3, as well as displaying various cultural art parade performances directly at the terminal building.
"We don't just make photo spots but we have to meet the requirements of being instagrammable, must be identifiable or easily recognizable, and must be memorable. This is an alternative way to introduce Nusantara's art and culture to the wider community, "said Muhammad Awaluddin.
In addition to the Nusantara instagrammable arts and culture spots, in Soekarno-Hatta there are also various instagrammble spots in Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Terminal 3.
"PT Angkasa Pura II in every managed airport, including Soekarno-Hatta, makes instagrammable photo spots to provide an interesting travel experience for travelers so that the happy aura that is manifested by hassle free, stress free and confusing free can be felt at the airport," Muhammad said Awaluddin.
Here it is, a number of instagrammable spots at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport:
Terminal 3 Arrival Area
1. Map of Indonesia along with replicas of Borobudur stupas
2. Hornbills and Dayak Traditional Dances, and Dayak-specific Shields
3. Cidomo Transport Equipment typical of Lombok with a background in Mount Rinjani
4. The atmosphere in Gilitrawangan, Lombok, NTB, complete with umbrellas and pillows commonly used on the beach
5. Monas murals and skyscrapers in Jakarta
6. Wayang kulit mural, Prambanan Temple and Borobudur Temple
7. Joglosemar's typical Javanese architecture along with wooden chairs
8. NTT Caci Dance Draw Mural
9. Ampera Bridge Murals in Palembang
10. Murals of Crocodiles and Sharks as Surabaya icons, along with distinctive clothing
11. Komodo Mural in Labuan Bajo
12. Murals depicting the atmosphere of Bali
13. The Rock Jump Tradition in Nias
14. Spices in Maluku, complete with native herbs
East Lobby Terminal 3 and SMMILE Center Outdoor Area
1. Garuda bird along with Indonesian writing, was made in commemoration of the 74th Indonesian Independence Day
2. Brand Landmark Terminal 3
3. Pencil Park
Terminal 3 check-in area
1. The park is located on several islands
2. Various Art Work results from local artists
Terminal 1 and 2 Departure Areas
1. Magnificent traditional lights in the hallway leading to the boarding lounge
2. Buildings with red brick (terracotta) shades that are still very well maintained.