Latest news about PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero)
Jakarta - PT Angkasa Pura II (Persero) is committed to implementing physical distancing in all airports managed by the company including Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in accordance with an appeal from the Ministry of Transportation.
After overcrowding in the process of departing prospective passengers on domestic routes at Terminal 2 Soekarno-Hatta on May 14, 2020, PT Angkasa Pura II immediately made improvements to the procedures that were put into effect on May 15, 2020.
Since the new procedure was implemented, the domestic route departure process has run smoothly, in an orderly manner and prioritizes physical distancing.
PT Angkasa Pura II VP of Corporate Communications Yado Yarismano said the new procedure was the result of evaluations from all Soekarno-Hatta stakeholders such as airport operators, airlines, the Port Health Office, the COVID-19 Handling Acceleration Task Force, and others.
"In accordance with the appeal of the Ministry of Transportation, PT Angkasa Pura II maintains that physical distancing can always be implemented, and we are committed to making that appeal. On May 14, the density during the domestic departure process took place around 1 hour and then gradually unraveled, where potential passengers at the time also wore masks. Then, the stakeholders will evaluate and establish a new procedure which will be implemented starting on May 15th. "
"Currently the procedure has been updated by breaking down the concentration into 4 checkpoints, namely for checking documents, examining documents and physical health related, validating all documents, then checking in. Until now new procedures have been able to keep physical distancing maintained, "Yado Yarismano said.
Yado Yarismano said that PT Angkasa Pura was grateful to prospective aircraft passengers who had been disciplined in carrying out domestic departure procedures.
"We also do not stop appealing that prospective passengers are always disciplined so that physical distancing is maintained."
In addition, stakeholders are also committed to limiting flights to 5 flights / hour in Terminal 2 and ticket sales to a maximum of 50% of aircraft seat capacity, in accordance with Minister of Transportation Regulation No. 18/2020 concerning Transportation Control in the Context of Preventing the Spread of COVID-19.
As for now, more than 100 potential passengers who have been refused flights departed from Soekarno-Hatta because they did not meet the exclusion criteria and requirements in SE No. 04/2020. In addition, hundreds of people were also refused to leave because they arrived at the airport without tickets and did not bring the required documents.
The new procedure adopted received appreciation from the Coordinating Minister for PMK Muhadjir Effendy who is also the Chairperson of the Task Force for the Acceleration of Handling the COVID-19, and Spokesman for the Task Force for the Acceleration of Handling the COVID-19 Achmad Yurianto.
Yado Yarismano said that currently PT Angkasa Pura II was preparing a document inspection scheme through digitization. In the future, prospective passengers must upload the required documents as stated in SE No. 04/2020 to the Indonesia Airports application, then prospective passengers then get a QR Code to be checked at the airport.
"Inspection of digital documents is also a step in anticipating New Normal amid the global pandemic COVID-19," Yado Yarismano said.
As for Soekarno-Hatta, most of the passengers on the plane who travel are those who carry out work duties, in addition there are also passengers who travel for health services.